A Dad's Day VS. A Mom's Day

I got to thinking this morning as i was arguing with A to get dressed and listening to M whine on her play mat that it's just another day.

                                                                                            

                                          Dad was in the shower and oblivious to what's going on..
                                                     ..At least he gets a shower in peace!


I decided to compare my "Mom's Day" at home, to "Dad's Day" at work..

Dad's Day:

*Wake up 7am - brew coffee, drink coffee, turn on the news,enjoy the news in peace and quiet.
*Repeat above.
*Get work clothes on, do the man bathroom routine..
*Wake up A
*Come visit baby M (while she's sleeping..)
*Bring baby M to mom (..not sleeping anymore)
*Yell at A to get out of bed or she will be late for school
*Say G'Bye to his girls
*Off to work
*WORKING - dealing with public, orders, co-workers, boss, crummy/nice weather, get dirty, etc.. (I know the work day consists of more, but that's the just of things..)
*Home for dinner
*Get cleaned up
*Eat dinner
*Watch hockey game or news
*Cuddle with girls, ask how day went, what A did, etc..
*Watch sportsnet or other show
*Help get girls ready for bed (bath, jammies, story, etc)
*Put girls to bed
*TV time..
*Bed time
*Dream about golf, hunting, fishing...etc...
*Repeat next morning...

Mom's Day:

*Get up 8am, get A ready for school.
*Argue with A that shes going to be late if she doesn't get dressed.
*Get M changed and fed
*Threaten to call dad at work if A doesn't get dressed RIGHT NOW!
*A gets dressed..
*Feed grumpy A breakie, load backpack, out the door.
*Take A to school packing M
*Get home from taking A to school, feed M.
*M has nap
*COFFEE!!!
*Clean: laundry, dishes, kids toys clean up, put away laundry, mop floors, vacuum, make beds, etc...
*M wakes, play time!!!
*M's pooped from play time..now naps again.
*Mom showers
*Hears M crying while in shower..decided to power nap instead.
*Out of shower, dressed, gets M
*Goes to pick up A from school with M
*Come home or go get groceries with girls
*Homework with A while entertaining M
*Making dinner
*Cleaning up dinner
*Girls get bath
*Clean up from girls bath
*Story time
*10 minute relax
*A to bed
*M to bed
*Make A's lunch for school
*Bed time
*Not really sleeping..on alert for mommy calls...
*Repeat...

I know its probably rude to compare OUR day to THEIR day because i know their day can be chaotic..but whoever says being at stay at home mom (while on MAT leave) is a piece of cake, is crazy!

Although I'd much rather be home with my girls than at work, and I'm not complaining, just simply stating how crazy some days can go. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world, but if i hear someone ask me, "What did you do today?" and follow it by "..Oh, I wish my day was that easy..."
                              
                                                     I might smack them..seriously!


Well..most days are good, others I'd like to pull my hair out. Mostly A with the new 6 year old attitude, you'd be surprised at what she can come up with to get out of doing anything, and i mean ANYTHING! I taught her to be creative, but i didn't know she'd be using it against my knowledge. Mom's always have to be one step ahead, and if we aren't..we need to figure out how to get there, quick!

Also, since when do our children classify us as "not with it" or "..you don't know what I'm talking about, never mind"
                        REALLY?!?

I remember growing up and always asking things to my mom, and i don't think i was 6 years old when i thought my mom wasn't with "my time". I don't know where they get it from so early now.

Well..consider this my Sunday rant..since that's what i feel like i have now accomplished.

Also this post was done to be fun and not taken seriously in any way possible. We appreciate everything we do for each other, some days just rougher.. for either of us :)
We'll figure it out when we are old and grey I'm sure! :)


                                            At this rate, we will be getting there much faster! XO

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Love this :)

Staceyb8 said...

:) sunday rant lol

Post a Comment